15 Questions To Ask Before Picking An Internet Service Provider
- What type of Internet access do you provide? Interactive, SLIP/PPP, UUCP, DSL, Cable, Frame Relay and/or dedicated lines? What else?
- What is your installation fee? Is it waived or can I get a reduced rate if I’m switching from another provider?
- What are your rates for each type of account? Ask them to provide minimum, maximum, hourly and monthly flat fees.
- Do you have any automatic cut-off features? If I am listening to or watching an Internet Broadcast will I be cut off?
- What speed connections do you support? ISDN, T1, DSL, Satellite, Cable or other type of broadband.
- Is there a premium rate for high speed (broadband) access?
- Do you provide an 800 number dial-in capability? What are your local dial in numbers and calling areas (cities).
- Do you provide SPAM filtering on your servers? If you do can I control the settings?
- What is your downtime? What are the chances of getting a busy signal when I dial in?
- What Internet functions do you provide? Options include e-mail, news and subscription feeds, World wide Web, telnet, file transfer, gopher, Internet relay chat, listservers, UNIX shell.
- What are the hours for your technical support and help desk? What is you average hold time before being connected to a technical support person?
- How much help will you give me to configure my software?
- Do you have any preconfigured software for your customers? Is it on CD-ROM or Diskette?
- What kind of documentation do I get with my account? How much are you willing to help me set up?
- Do you provide a method of keeping customers up to date?
For a List of Internet Service Providers
in Your Area Please Visit This Web Site
(National & Local Net Providers)
Free SEO on New Website
Click on the button below and let us know you would like to receive the FREE SEO Limited Offer on a NEW IMCD Website.